Re: elantech touchpad driver miss-recognising logitech mice

From: Arjan Opmeer
Date: Mon Jan 26 2009 - 11:23:29 EST

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 03:08:21PM +0000, Andy Whitcroft wrote:

> Failing that I did build a modified patch (below) based on that from the
> thread plus the suggested improvements. This has been tested by people
> with the Logitech mice successfully, and also by people with elantech
> touchpads who report no regressions.

Good! This means the suggested fix is working :)

However, my original proposal:

http://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/595/

also removed printing the version query result in elantech_init() to keep
the amount of log messages the same.

> If there is no later patches then perhaps you could test this one, and
> then I can push it upstream.

Dmitry suggested moving the Elantech detection down in psmouse_extensions()
in psmouse-base.c to make the mouse detection less chatty:

http://lkml.org/lkml/2009/1/20/55

However, Alexander pointed out he did not move it far enough down:

http://lkml.org/lkml/2009/1/22/18

It should have been moved all the way down below the call to
im_explorer_detect() for him to not see the extra Elantech detection noise.

Now, it is Dmitry's call again to determine whether he really wants to move
the call to elantech_detect() that far down or can live with the extra log
messages... :)

Arjan