Re: Linux 2.6.29-rc6

From: Jesper Krogh
Date: Mon Mar 16 2009 - 14:41:03 EST

Jesper Krogh wrote:
Thomas Gleixner wrote:

slow calibration path on every boot on your machine.

(tscmax - tscmin) / avg = 0.064 (result from third run)

On my test machines I get values below 0.02

While it's statistically not really correct we still can use that info
to catch cases like we see on your machines.

While booting up I saw this one on the serial console..
root@quad12:~# hwclock --systohc
Cannot access the Hardware Clock via any known method.
Use the --debug option to see the details of our search for an access method.
root@quad12:~# hwclock --systohc --debug
hwclock from util-linux-ng 2.13.1
hwclock: Open of /dev/rtc failed, errno=2: No such file or directory.
No usable clock interface found.
Cannot access the Hardware Clock via any known method.

Can you provide your .config file please ?

http://krogh.cc/~jesper/config-2.6.29-rc8.txt

I testet the attached patch.. and after 1.5 hours it seems to work. I'll remain on this one at least a day to see how it works. I'll keep it on for now and report back in 24 hours or so.

Its still using tsc as clock-source.

No resets after 24 hours.. it works.

--
Jesper