Re: WARNING: kmemcheck: Caught 32-bit read from uninitializedmemory (f6f6e1a4), by kmemleak's scan_block()

From: Catalin Marinas
Date: Tue Aug 25 2009 - 09:57:54 EST

On Tue, 2009-08-25 at 12:43 +0200, Ingo Molnar wrote:
> btw., i re-tested the original tree, and got the lockup/crash below.
>
> Ingo
>
> --------------->
> EXT3 FS on sdb1, internal journal
> EXT3-fs: mounted filesystem with writeback data mode.
> BUG: soft lockup - CPU#0 stuck for 61s! [kmemleak:3080]

Do you have the "Allow rescheduling during object scanning" patch? Apart
from that, you may need another for not holding the tasklist_lock when
scanning the task stacks - it is at the top of my kmemleak branch,
together with a patch or informing kmemleak about thread stack
allocations
(http://www.linux-arm.org/git?p=linux-2.6.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/kmemleak).

With these patches, I don't get any soft lockups on my system.

--
Catalin