Warning: unable to open an initial console

From: Steven A. DuChene
Date: Wed Sep 30 2009 - 13:39:11 EST

Hmm, I tried various combonations of turning off the framebuffer
support all together and then turning it back on with various
drivers (nvidia or vesa vga) but still I get the same message
about "Warning: unable to open an initial console."

Anything else I should be looking at besides the graphics support
part of the drivers section of the kernel config?

Again this is a fairly standard PCChips A13G motherboard with
NVidia chipset and AMD Athlon 3600+ CPU that works fine with the
regular distro supplied FC9 kernel (2.6.25-14.fc9.x86_64) and
I have the x86_64 version of FC9 installed.