Re: [bisected] sys_paccept: disable paccept() causes my macbook proto have an annoying whining sound

From: Justin P. Mattock
Date: Thu Jan 07 2010 - 10:43:24 EST

On 01/07/10 01:51, Andi Kleen wrote:
Justin Mattock<justinmattock@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

for a while I've been hearing this odd
annoying sound coming from my macbook pro
when the system is idle(no internet use tv/radio/web etc...)
as soon as I do anything(radio,web) the noise disappears.

here is a url where they are experiencing the same issue:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MacBook1-1/Hardy
(down under whining noise);

here is is the result of my bisect:

It's very unlikely that this patch causes power management issues.
I would suggest you double check the bisect.

-Andi

I can try again..

As for the power management
I didn't think so.. sounds more
like vibration of a solder joint/capacitor

Justin P. Mattock