RE: [E1000-devel] Linux 2.6.35.6/e1000e does not receive repliesfrom DHCP server, 2.6.33 works

From: Tantilov, Emil S
Date: Wed Sep 29 2010 - 19:40:23 EST

Sami Farin wrote:
> False alarm, 2.6.35.6+latest git e1000e does not work any better.
> I was just lucky.

Is your `latest git` from Linus or net-next tree? All of our latest patches go into net-next, so if you haven't already - give it a try and see if it resolves your issue.

> One thing what was common, when it works, I get this line a little
> time before dhclient start working:
>
> eth0: IPv6 duplicate address fe80::219:d1ff:fe00:5f01 detected!

I have a system with the same device ID (it is not the same board) and could not reproduce any issues with DHCP on 2.6.35.6 kernel.

Aside from checking the latest net-next tree, there are some other things to look into:

1. Is AMT enabled - there is usually a manageability tab/option in the BIOS. If you have that option try enabling/disabling it and see if it makes a difference.

2. Make sure your BIOS is up to date.

If any of the above does not help your situation please file a bug at e1000.sf.net and include the following information:

1. lspci -vvv
2. ethtool -e eth0
3. there is a tool call ethregs which you can download from this site. If you can include the output of ethregs -s 00:19.0
4. kernel config
5. anything that you think may be related - like setup, type of traffic etc.

Thanks,
Emil--