Re: [ANNOUNCE v2] ktest.pl: Easy and flexible testing script forLinux Kernel Developers (now with config bisect)

From: Jon Masters
Date: Thu Nov 18 2010 - 02:04:57 EST

On Mon, 2010-11-08 at 18:45 -0500, Steven Rostedt wrote:

> It compiles, and performs the type of test specified by the
> CONFIG_BISECT_TYPE option (build, boot or test). If it passes, then all
> the configs that were enabled in the .config are removed from the
> configs to test and added to the good configs to always enable. This
> allows for configs in the other half to be enabled if they depended on
> these configs.

Haven't had time to play, but I was thinking about this when bisecting
an i915 bug last week. In that case none of the kernels failed to boot,
they just had busted modelines. Do you have support in this tool for
testing some condition on the system after it boots? I would guess I
probably would have needed something more heavyweight (that could run a
script to look for busted modes on the target after booting).

Jon.