Re: [BUG] perf sched broken

From: Stephane Eranian
Date: Wed Jan 12 2011 - 14:52:13 EST

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 8:41 PM, Corey Ashford
<cjashfor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 01/12/2011 01:29 AM, Stephane Eranian wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am trying to use perf sched from tip-x86 but it fails for all my
>> attempts.
>
> So far I have been unsuccessful in reproducing this problem, but I suspect
> that I have the wrong git tree or branch. ÂThe git tree I've cloned is:
>
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tip/linux-2.6-tip.git

I was using this branch.
I also tried running the tool on ubuntu lucid (2.6.32-based).

Didn't you have to at least fixup the sched event names to drop :r?
Once you have the perf.data file, how do you dump it?

I tried:
- perf sched trace -> error
- perf sched replay -> error
- perf script sched-migration -> hangs