Re: Kernel deferring driver 'close' call: workaround?

From: Evan Lavelle
Date: Wed Jan 26 2011 - 09:30:27 EST

On 26/01/2011 13:17, Alan Cox wrote:

I imagine the user has a bug in their app. The close method is called on
the final close of the handle. That means if for example you do something
like fork off a child process and forget to close the handle then it
won't actually close down until the final user closes it.

That was my first reaction, but the strace output only shows an open and close of two shared libs, open and close for this board, some mmaps from the driver, and the basic brk/fstat/etc stuff. Unfortunately, I haven't got the app source, or even the board... :(

-Evan