Re: [2.6.39] CIFS write failures where 2.6.38 works

From: Helge Hafting
Date: Fri Jun 03 2011 - 11:11:13 EST

On 03. juni 2011 12:15, Suresh Jayaraman wrote:
[Cc linux-cifs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]

On 06/01/2011 03:41 PM, Helge Hafting wrote:
At work I use cifs for accessing a windows server. This has worked fine
for a long time, up to and including Debian's 2.6.38-2.

I just installed Debians's 2.6.39-1, and had to give up on it.
Mounting CIFS works, and I can see the files. But if I
try to make a new file (with cp), I get a long delay.

What is the security mechanism you are using? If you seeing the problem
with ntlm, could you try using ntlmv2 and see whether the problem is
reproducible?

In the beginning, I did not specify the mechanism. So, whatever the default is.

The fstab entry was like this:
\\servername\resource /mountpoint cifs domain=MYDOMAIN,credentials=/etc/fstabcred,rw,noauto,iocharset=utf8,uid=username,gid=group,sockopt=TCP_NODELAY,users,file_mode=0640,dir_mode=0750,relatime 0 0

I looked at cifs options, and tried to add "sign" and "sec=ntlmv2i". It made no difference. Still failure with 2.6.39, and mounting with these new options works fine with 2.6.38

Helge Hafting