device support VGA compat Matrox MGA G200ew

From: Linda Walsh
Date: Tue Jul 12 2011 - 17:20:22 EST

I was reviewing my kernel config and seeing what devices were
handled by what drivers -- and that all of them were configurable
via kernel devices.

I used an lspci -bkv to show me the kernel driver being used for each device.

One that would seem to be of some importance is the graphics controller.
There were some others devs that were 'unclaimed', but don't know
that they have a tangible effect and have yet to try a few
options, so won't bother with them here, but this one is a puzzler:

08:03.0 VGA compatible controller: Matrox Graphics, Inc. MGA G200eW WPCM450 (rev 0a) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
Subsystem: Dell PowerEdge T610 MGA G200eW WPCM450
Memory at d9800000 (32-bit, prefetchable)
Memory at de7fc000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable)
Memory at de800000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable)
Capabilities: [dc] Power Management version 1

I have tried the dev support under the 'frame buffer devs'
for Matrox accel, with ghe G100/G200/... options checked 'on'
(and Matrox I2C support as a module). But that modules doesn't
seem to be attached to this HW.

The only other Matrox G200 related option under the DRM support, but it
says it requires /dev/agpgart to be enabled. I know the computer doesn't
have an AGP 'slot' (the card is built-in), but is is possible AGP
would still be the choice for the interface?

Other ideas or not-supported?

Thanks!
Linda