Re: Boot regression on Mackerel with current mainline

From: Guennadi Liakhovetski
Date: Tue Jul 10 2012 - 02:49:49 EST

Hi Chris

On Tue, 10 Jul 2012, Chris Ball wrote:

> Hi Guennadi,
>
> On Wed, Jul 04 2012, Guennadi Liakhovetski wrote:

> >> I see this only once per boot, but then sh_mobile_sdhi is saying "timeout
> >> waiting for hardware interrupt" pretty much continuously.
> >
> > Yes, that's the one. Ok, let's fix it in the driver. In fact, a fix has
> > already been submitted, but for 3.6. I hoped, 3.5 would resort to a softer
> > form of the ONESHOT failing, so, I didn't push it for -rc. I think, the
> > easiest would be to apply these two patches:
> >
> > "mmc: tmio: use MMC opcode defines instead of numbers"
> > http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/cjb/mmc.git;a=commit;h=598cd9cc217b0aa46089a3838a8b1c37b97aa08b
> >
> > and
> >
> > "mmc: extend and rename cd-gpio helpers to handle more slot GPIO functions"
> > http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/cjb/mmc.git;a=commit;h=d8e60fb51effc83e6f53de191a8440f46e5a3f2c
> >
> > The latter one looks big because of a rename, but with "-M" it's pretty
> > trivial. Chris, do you agree?
>
> Is the minimal fix to just add "| IRQF_ONESHOT" to the request_threaded_irq
> argument? If so, I'd rather push just that for 3.5, and I can take care of
> having that change appear simultaneously in linux-next so that there aren't
> any conflicts. Is that okay with you?

For that you'd have to rebase -next, right? you'd like to do that? Because
the patch

"mmc: extend and rename cd-gpio helpers to handle more slot GPIO functions"
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/cjb/mmc.git;a=commit;h=d8e60fb51effc83e6f53de191a8440f46e5a3f2c

obviously would conflict with adding "| IRQF_ONESHOT". Either would work
with me, sure. Would you like me to submit this trivial ONESHOT fix and an
updated version of the above patch, or would you prefer to do this
yourself?

Thanks
Guennadi
---