Re: Boot regression on Mackerel with current mainline

From: Chris Ball
Date: Tue Jul 10 2012 - 03:19:06 EST

Hi Guennadi,

On Tue, Jul 10 2012, Guennadi Liakhovetski wrote:
>> > The latter one looks big because of a rename, but with "-M" it's pretty
>> > trivial. Chris, do you agree?
>>
>> Is the minimal fix to just add "| IRQF_ONESHOT" to the request_threaded_irq
>> argument? If so, I'd rather push just that for 3.5, and I can take care of
>> having that change appear simultaneously in linux-next so that there aren't
>> any conflicts. Is that okay with you?
>
> For that you'd have to rebase -next, right? you'd like to do that?

Yeah, I'm willing to rebase mmc-next for this -- I'd rather send the
simplest possible fix this late in 3.5-rc, and the rebase is simple.
Also, this fix is logically distinct from your rename patch.

I don't think I need you to send anything more, I'll add the initial
patch adding "| IRQF_ONESHOT", rebase your "extend and rename" patch on
top of that, push both to mmc-next, and then send the initial patch to
Linus in a few days.

Thanks,

- Chris.
--