Re: next-20130117 - kernel BUG with aio

From: Zach Brown
Date: Thu Jan 24 2013 - 17:25:35 EST

> No, I didn't see that bug until after I'd fixed the other three, but as
> far as I can tell everything's fixed with the patches I'm about to mail
> out - my test VM has been running for the past two days without errors,
> it's kill -9'ing a process that's got iocbs in flight to a loopback
> device every two seconds.

I'm really worried that this patch series hasn't seen significant enough
testing to justify being queued.

I'll be first in line for blame for not finding the time to finish my
review of the series.

What specific tests has this gone through? The aio tests in xfstests /
ltp? (And as you discovered while chasing this bug, whatever platform
you were running on doesn't seem slow enough to catch some paths.. run
all the tests over loop?)

Jeff, can you suggest a more modern testing regime for the aio core?
It's been so long since I had to hammer on this stuff..

- z