Re: linux-next: Tree for Aug 30 (brcmfmac)

From: Arend van Spriel
Date: Sat Aug 31 2013 - 14:21:37 EST

On 08/31/13 19:37, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 11:12 PM, Randy Dunlap<rdunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
This bool kconfig symbol:

config BRCMFMAC_SDIO
bool "SDIO bus interface support for FullMAC driver"
depends on MMC

allows BRCMFMAC_SDIO to be y even when MMC=m.

Is there a reasonable solution to this?

Actually, BRCMFMAC should be built in same form as the MMC and/or USB, but only when BRCMFMAC_SDIO or BRCMFMAC_USB are selected.

So valid combinations are:
MMC=m, USB=m, BRCMFMAC_SDIO=y, BRCMFMAC_USB=y => BRCMFMAC=m
MMC=m, USB=y, BRCMFMAC_SDIO=y, BRCMFMAC_USB=y => BRCMFMAC=m
MMC=y, USB=m, BRCMFMAC_SDIO=y, BRCMFMAC_USB=y => BRCMFMAC=m
MMC=m, USB=y, BRCMFMAC_SDIO=y, BRCMFMAC_USB=n => BRCMFMAC=m
MMC=m, USB=y, BRCMFMAC_SDIO=n, BRCMFMAC_USB=y => BRCMFMAC=m|y
MMC=y, USB=m, BRCMFMAC_SDIO=y, BRCMFMAC_USB=n => BRCMFMAC=m|y
MMC=y, USB=m, BRCMFMAC_SDIO=n, BRCMFMAC_USB=y => BRCMFMAC=m
MMC=y, USB=y, BRCMFMAC_SDIO=y, BRCMFMAC_USB=y => BRCMFMAC=m|y
MMC=y, USB=y, BRCMFMAC_SDIO=y, BRCMFMAC_USB=n => BRCMFMAC=m|y
MMC=y, USB=y, BRCMFMAC_SDIO=n, BRCMFMAC_USB=y => BRCMFMAC=m|y

Not sure how to express the above.

Gr. AvS

In order of preference:
1. Make it tristate
2. depends on MMC=y

However, the first solution cannot be used as there are several
"#ifdef CONFIG_BRCMFMAC_SDIO" in the code itself.

Note that there's a similar issue with BRCMFMAC_USB and USB.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

Geert

-- Linus Torvalds