Re: linux-next: Tree for Aug 30 (brcmfmac)

From: Hauke Mehrtens
Date: Sat Aug 31 2013 - 14:40:56 EST

On 08/31/2013 08:21 PM, Arend van Spriel wrote:
> On 08/31/13 19:37, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
>> On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 11:12 PM, Randy Dunlap<rdunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:
>>> This bool kconfig symbol:
>>>
>>> config BRCMFMAC_SDIO
>>> bool "SDIO bus interface support for FullMAC driver"
>>> depends on MMC
>>>
>>> allows BRCMFMAC_SDIO to be y even when MMC=m.
>>>
>>> Is there a reasonable solution to this?
>
> Actually, BRCMFMAC should be built in same form as the MMC and/or USB,
> but only when BRCMFMAC_SDIO or BRCMFMAC_USB are selected.
>
> So valid combinations are:
> MMC=m, USB=m, BRCMFMAC_SDIO=y, BRCMFMAC_USB=y => BRCMFMAC=m
> MMC=m, USB=y, BRCMFMAC_SDIO=y, BRCMFMAC_USB=y => BRCMFMAC=m
> MMC=y, USB=m, BRCMFMAC_SDIO=y, BRCMFMAC_USB=y => BRCMFMAC=m
> MMC=m, USB=y, BRCMFMAC_SDIO=y, BRCMFMAC_USB=n => BRCMFMAC=m
> MMC=m, USB=y, BRCMFMAC_SDIO=n, BRCMFMAC_USB=y => BRCMFMAC=m|y
> MMC=y, USB=m, BRCMFMAC_SDIO=y, BRCMFMAC_USB=n => BRCMFMAC=m|y
> MMC=y, USB=m, BRCMFMAC_SDIO=n, BRCMFMAC_USB=y => BRCMFMAC=m
> MMC=y, USB=y, BRCMFMAC_SDIO=y, BRCMFMAC_USB=y => BRCMFMAC=m|y
> MMC=y, USB=y, BRCMFMAC_SDIO=y, BRCMFMAC_USB=n => BRCMFMAC=m|y
> MMC=y, USB=y, BRCMFMAC_SDIO=n, BRCMFMAC_USB=y => BRCMFMAC=m|y
>
> Not sure how to express the above.

This should be expressed with this Kconfig:

config BRCMFMAC_USB
bool "USB bus interface support for FullMAC driver"
depends on (USB = y || USB = BRCMFMAC)
depends on BRCMFMAC

config BRCMFMAC_SDIO
bool "SDIO bus interface support for FullMAC driver"
depends on (MMC = y || MMC = BRCMFMAC)
depends on BRCMFMAC
select FW_LOADER

I haven't tested it, but we had a similar problem in b43 and fixed it
like this.

Hauke