Re: mmotm 2014-09-22-16-57 uploaded

From: Guenter Roeck
Date: Wed Sep 24 2014 - 00:34:34 EST

On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 02:53:56PM -0700, Guenter Roeck wrote:

> > Neither of these patches enables CONFIG_NET. They just add dependencies.
> >
> This means CONFIG_NET is now disabled in at least 31 configurations where
> it used to be enabled before (per my count), and there may be additional
> impact due to the additional changes of "select X" to "depends on X".
>
> 3.18 is going to be interesting.

Actually, turns out the changes are already in 3.17.

In case anyone is interested, here is a list of now broken configurations
(where 'broken' is defined as "CONFIG NET used to be defined, but
is not defined anymore"). No guarantee for completeness or correctness.

mips:gpr_defconfig
mips:ip27_defconfig
mips:jazz_defconfig
mips:loongson3_defconfig
mips:malta_defconfig
mips:malta_kvm_defconfig
mips:malta_kvm_guest_defconfig
mips:mtx1_defconfig
mips:nlm_xlp_defconfig
mips:nlm_xlr_defconfig
mips:rm200_defconfig
parisc:a500_defconfig
parisc:c8000_defconfig
powerpc:c2k_defconfig
powerpc:pmac32_defconfig
powerpc:ppc64_defconfig
powerpc:ppc64e_defconfig
powerpc:pseries_defconfig
powerpc:pseries_le_defconfig
s390:default_defconfig
s390:gcov_defconfig
s390:performance_defconfig
s390:zfcpdump_defconfig
sh:sdk7780_defconfig
sh:sh2007_defconfig
sparc:sparc64_defconfig

Several ia64 configurations were affected as well, but that
has already been fixed.

Guenter