How to handle access to multiple PHYs through MDIO

From: Ray Jui
Date: Fri Jan 16 2015 - 20:10:18 EST

Hi,

Our SoC, Cygnus, uses a generic MDC/MDIO controller to talk to various
PHYs, including 2 x Ethernet GPHY, 2 x PCIe Serdes, and 3 x USB PHYs. In
this case, how should I work out a generic PHY driver to handle this?

I notice that most generic PHY drivers are in drivers/phy/*, but
Ethernet seems to have its own interface of talking to a PHY through
MDIO (drivers/net/phy/*).

I need a single driver to handle these so there isn't any race condition
for this single MDIO access in our system.

Thanks,

Ray