Re: [Y2038] [RFC 02/15] vfs: Change all structures to support 64 bit time

From: Deepa Dinamani
Date: Mon Jan 18 2016 - 01:11:32 EST

Based on the discussion, here is how I propose to proceed:

1. Series for timestamp range check and clamping
2. Bug fixing patches like change all CURRENT_TIME use cases to
current_fs_time()
3. Patches for vfs to use timespec64 internally (maybe a series, if
required)
4. Patches that change all fs that use vfs APIs using timestamp arguments
(not a series)
5. Change individual fs to use timespec64 (not a series)
6. Change back whatever time conversion APIs left in vfs or individual fs
(maybe a series, if required)

So, I don't see a need for submitting another series as all the changes now
are handled on a case by case basis and no longer have a generic theme.

If everyone's in sync then I can proceed with the above plan.

-Deepa