Re: [GIT PULL] trivial for 4.9

From: Joe Perches
Date: Fri Oct 07 2016 - 17:45:08 EST

On Fri, 2016-10-07 at 14:06 -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> And btw, even without an explicit KERN_<level>, you should still not
> get any interleaving. Only an _explicit_ KERN_CONT should cause
> interleaving, and dammit, if some interrupt does a KERN_CONT without
> having had a non-cont printk before it, that code is buggy and should
> damn well be fixed.

That's not true. KERN_CONT is a no-op.
Bare printks interleave.

$ git grep KERN_CONT include/linux/kern_levels.h
include/linux/kern_levels.h:#define KERN_CONT   ""

I think it was like 2007 when I first suggested _not_ having
newlines on the pr_<level> macros that were eventually added
by Emil Medve.