Re: net: BUG still has locks held in unix_stream_splice_read

From: Al Viro
Date: Sun Oct 09 2016 - 22:47:25 EST

On Sun, Oct 09, 2016 at 12:06:14PM +0200, Dmitry Vyukov wrote:
> I suspect this is:
>
> commit 25869262ef7af24ccde988867ac3eb1c3d4b88d4
> Author: Al Viro <viro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Sat Sep 17 21:02:10 2016 -0400
> skb_splice_bits(): get rid of callback
> since pipe_lock is the outermost now, we don't need to drop/regain
> socket locks around the call of splice_to_pipe() from skb_splice_bits(),
> which kills the need to have a socket-specific callback; we can just
> call splice_to_pipe() and be done with that.

Unlikely, since that particular commit removes unlocking/relocking ->iolock
around the call of splice_to_pipe(). Original would've retaken the same
lock on the way out; it's not as if we could leave the syscall there.

It might be splice-related, but I don't believe that you've got the right
commit here.