Re: md/raid1: Improve another size determination in setup_conf()

From: SF Markus Elfring
Date: Mon Oct 10 2016 - 08:29:21 EST

> I am ignoring Markus patches

It's a pity that you chose such a reaction.

> and have told him that he should focus on bug fixes.

I find that I suggest to improve something. Could you admit a few times
that I found a "bug" you care also about at other source code places?

> These patches don't add any value

Can it be that you express a lower value for the Linux coding style here
than desired as there might be other concerns behind such negative feedback?

> and regularly introduce bugs.

How do you think about to discuss corresponding facts further?

> That said, "sizeof(*ptr)" is sort of official style.

When this implementation detail is so official, I wonder then why some
software developers can become "special" about the proposed update step
like for this module.

Regards,
Markus