Re: v4.10-rc4 to v4.10-rc5: battery regression on Nokia N900

From: Pavel Machek
Date: Fri Jan 27 2017 - 14:14:30 EST

Hi!

> >>That sounds like fun. Changing bq27200-0 to bq27200_0 is Forbidden by
> >>the ABI Police, but taking the entire device away is ok.
> >
> >Stop trying to break other people's systems. Thanks you.

> You still have not shown that it does. Actually, I am trying to _fix_
> other people's systems (those using libsensors).

No, I don't know that it does. Please avoid 1) calling me police and
2) claiming that taking away entire devices is okay (when it probably
is not).

And no, I don't know if anyone uses hwmon ABI on affected N900. [And
how many other devices are affected, '-' seems to be quite common
character in kernel names.] If I knew about concrete breakage, we'd
have very different discussion.

Well, so first things first. What about fixing libsensors to allow '-'
and '*' in the name?

Pavel