4.13 breaks suspend to ram wakeup

From: Norbert Preining
Date: Wed Sep 20 2017 - 10:46:05 EST

Hi,

(please Cc)

I recently upgraded my Lenovo X260 from 4.12 to 4.13 and with the very
same software (Debian/sid) 4.13 does not properly wake up from
suspend to ram.

It wakes up, shows X very quickly, but it seems that the hard disk is
sleeping and not reacting. I can move the mouse, but the unlock screen
is not shown.

Switching to the console I can enter the user name, but then I am waiting
for the prompt indefinitely.

Callng Sysrq-s to sync the disks never returns that the sync completed.

Waiting long enough it completely freezes and only Sysrq-b helps.

I have tried to capture any output, but due to the circumstances
described, nothing can be saved to persist.

I am happy to provide details if someone explains me how to grab them
(sorry, no serial console!), or test patches/suggestions with the kernel.

Thanks

Norbert

please Cc.

--
PREINING Norbert http://www.preining.info
Accelia Inc. + JAIST + TeX Live + Debian Developer