Re: [RFC] yamldt v0.5, now a DTS compiler too

From: Rob Herring
Date: Sun Oct 01 2017 - 18:00:55 EST

On Thu, Sep 28, 2017 at 2:58 PM, Pantelis Antoniou
<pantelis.antoniou@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello again,
>
> Significant progress has been made on yamldt and is now capable of
> not only generating yaml from DTS source but also compiling DTS sources
> and being almost fully compatible with DTC.

Can you quantify "almost"?

> Compiling the kernel's DTBs using yamldt is as simple as using a
> DTC=yamldt.

Good.

> Error reporting is accurate and validation against a YAML based schema
> works as well. In a short while I will begin posting patches with
> fixes on bindings and DTS files in the kernel.

What I would like to see is the schema format posted for review.

I would also like to see the bindings for top-level compatible strings
(aka boards) as an example. That's something that's simple enough that
I'd think we could agree on a format and start moving towards defining
board bindings that way.

Rob