Re: [GIT PULL] MD update for 4.15-rc1

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Tue Nov 14 2017 - 19:15:00 EST

So I've pulled this, but have a question:

On Tue, Nov 14, 2017 at 11:56 AM, Shaohua Li <shli@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Mike Snitzer (1):
> md: rename some drivers/md/ files to have an "md-" prefix

is this really sensible? I know I absolutely hate what things like
this does to tab-completion, because everything now has the same
prefix.

And it's not like it adds any value - the "md" is already there in the
directory name.

So honestly, if this was code that I regularly looked at (it isn't),
I'd probably not be happy. As it is, I don't really care all that
much, just wanted to check.

Why is it "md-faulty,c", but "raid5.c", for example?

And if it's to try to separate the "dm-xyz" vs "md-xyz" ones, maybe
making this an actual directory structure rather than a prefix would
be better?

Just throwing this out.

Linus