Re: mfd/viperboard: Delete an error message for a failed memory allocation in vprbrd_probe()

From: Lee Jones
Date: Tue Jan 23 2018 - 10:14:30 EST

On Tue, 23 Jan 2018, SF Markus Elfring wrote:

> >> Can you please fix-up all of the patches I've NACKed and collect them
> >> up with all the other MFD patches you currently have on the list and
> >> send them as a single set please?
> >>
> >> Reviewing them one after another, is taking a lot of time and causing
> >> my a great deal of pain.
>
> There will be review efforts needed as usual. They might be more noticeable
> in this case just because I sent some update suggestions also for software
> modules from the directory âdrivers/mfdâ.

"It's not you, it's me!"

My preferred mailer (Mutt) re-orders replied-to mails by putting them
to the top of my Inbox. At which point I have to re-navigate down to
the next patch to review. This is fine for most submissions, but you
have fired ~30, mostly individual patches at me. Most of which could
realistically be squashed into ~5 patches (if I was feeling mean).

The choice is yours though, either squash them into patches dealing
with the same type of fix-up or merely send all of the un-applied
patches again as a single set, so I can deal with them in a sane
manner.

> >> I am marking all of your other MFD submissions as 'read and reviewed'
> >> and will not be processing any more until the are all contained in a
> >> single, threaded set.
> >>
> >> Thank you!
> >
> > Also, could you change the subject lines, so they match that expected
> > by the subsystem.
>
> Do you request a resent for almost all changes from this patch series here?

I'm not sure I can decipher this.

I'd like you to do the following please:

- Pull all un-applied MFD patches into a single branch based on Mainline
- Add any Reviewed-by/Acked-by's you've received
- Fix the subject lines on all of the patches 's///: /'
- Resubmit as one single threaded patch-set

--
Lee Jones
Linaro Services Technical Lead