Re: usercopy whitelist woe in scsi_sense_cache

From: Oleksandr Natalenko
Date: Thu Apr 05 2018 - 05:56:16 EST

Hi.

04.04.2018 23:25, Kees Cook wrote:
Thanks for the report! I hope someone more familiar with sg_io() can
help explain the changing buffer offset... :P

Also, FYI, I kept the server running with smartctl periodically invoked, and it was still triggering BUGs, however, I consider them to be more or less harmless until the server got stuck with high I/O wait this morning after next smartctl invocation. So, it isn't harmless, it seemsâ

It could be unrelated, of course, since the journal didn't give me any hint (or a stack trace) on what happened, thus I'll monitor how things behave without smartctl too.

Regards,
Oleksandr