Re: [GIT PULL] Thermal management updates for v4.17-rc1

From: Eduardo Valentin
Date: Fri Apr 13 2018 - 00:09:09 EST

Hello,

On Thu, Apr 12, 2018 at 09:55:19AM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 11, 2018 at 10:08 PM, Zhang Rui <rui.zhang@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > could you please illustrate me what the kconfig & warning is?
>
> Just "make allmodconfig" and the warning is about a uninitialized variable.
>
> Line 304 in drivers/thermal/samsung/exynos_tmu.c if my shell history
> is to be believed.
>
> Linus

Yeah, this has also passed my local compilation error. Somehow my gcc4.9
is not catching it. Using an older gcc (gcc4.6) does catch it.

Anyways, given that the conversion functions are written to cover
for unexpected cal_type, the right way of fixing this is to rewrite
the conversion functions to allow for returning error codes and
adjusting the callers as expected.

Rui, bzolnier, please consider the following fix: