Re: regression (bisected): "modprobe parport_pc" hangs in current mainline

From: Sudip Mukherjee
Date: Wed Mar 20 2019 - 05:31:39 EST

Hi Michal,

On Sun, Mar 17, 2019 at 6:05 PM Michal Kubecek <mkubecek@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 17, 2019 at 05:01:37PM +0000, Sudip Mukherjee wrote:
> > On Wed, Mar 13, 2019 at 6:45 AM Michal Kubecek <mkubecek@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > I encountered a regression in current (post-5.0) mainline kernel which I
> > > bisected to commit 1aec4211204d ("parport: daisy: use new parport device
> > > model"). Running "modprobe parport_pc" hangs up:
> >
> > Can you please send me your .config so that I can test it from my side.
>
> Attaching two versions: config-full.gz is the real life config from the
> machine where I found the issue and config-mini.gz is a minimized config
> I was using while bisecting the issue. (I made a mistake and thought
> that I have seen the issue with snapshot before both parport commits so
> that I ran a full bisect instead of simply checking the two parport
> commits which came in the merge window.)

Sorry, I didn't get the chance to look at it yet and have kept it
pending for this weekend. But just had a quick look and I was
wondering if the machine on which you are trying the modprobe has an
actual parallel port or the machine is not having any parallel port.
And also will you be able to send me a dmesg please.

--
Regards
Sudip