RE: [PATCH v3 5/6] x86/MCE: Save MCA control bits that get set in hardware
From: Ghannam, Yazen
Date: Fri Jun 07 2019 - 13:12:23 EST
> -----Original Message-----
> From: linux-edac-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <linux-edac-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Borislav Petkov
> Sent: Friday, June 7, 2019 11:59 AM
> To: Ghannam, Yazen <Yazen.Ghannam@xxxxxxx>
> Cc: Luck, Tony <tony.luck@xxxxxxxxx>; linux-edac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; x86@xxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 5/6] x86/MCE: Save MCA control bits that get set in hardware
> On Fri, Jun 07, 2019 at 04:44:24PM +0000, Ghannam, Yazen wrote:
> > I have another version of this set that I can send today. It includes
> > the changes for this patch and also includes the fix for the locking
> > bug message.
> > Should I send out the new version? Or do you want me to wait for any
> > fixes on top of the current version?
> I don't understand - I think we said to feel free to rework it all by using
> and reworking the whole branch to accomodate the changes and then
> sending a whole new series...
Right, I took that branch, squashed the locking fix into patch 2, fixed up the remaining patches, and then redid the last patch.
I plan to send the result as a v4 of this patchset with all the links, version history, etc. Is that what you mean? Sorry, if I misunderstood.