[RESEND PATCHv5 0/2] coresight: Do not default to CPU0 for missing CPU phandle
From: Sai Prakash Ranjan
Date: Thu Jul 04 2019 - 05:53:19 EST
In case of missing CPU phandle, the affinity is set default to
CPU0 which is not a correct assumption. Fix this in coresight
platform to set affinity to invalid and abort the probe in drivers.
Also update the dt-bindings accordingly.
Resending with tags added.
* Separate out the dt-bindings patch.
* Fix return for !CONFIG_ACPI and !CONFIG_OF.
* Addressed review comments from Suzuki and updated
* Removed patch 2 which had invalid check for online
* Addressed review comments from Suzuki and Mathieu.
* Allows the probe of etm and cpu-debug to abort earlier
in case of unavailability of respective cpus.
Sai Prakash Ranjan (2):
dt-bindings: coresight: Change CPU phandle to required property
coresight: Do not default to CPU0 for missing CPU phandle
.../bindings/arm/coresight-cpu-debug.txt | 4 ++--
.../devicetree/bindings/arm/coresight.txt | 8 +++++---
.../hwtracing/coresight/coresight-cpu-debug.c | 3 +++
drivers/hwtracing/coresight/coresight-etm3x.c | 3 +++
drivers/hwtracing/coresight/coresight-etm4x.c | 3 +++
.../hwtracing/coresight/coresight-platform.c | 20 +++++++++----------
6 files changed, 26 insertions(+), 15 deletions(-)
QUALCOMM INDIA, on behalf of Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member
of Code Aurora Forum, hosted by The Linux Foundation