Re: Input: ep93xx_keypad: Checking for a failed platform_get_irq()call in ep93xx_keypad_probe()

From: Tang Bin
Date: Thu Apr 09 2020 - 22:54:50 EST

Hi Dmitry:

On 2020/4/10 4:48, Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
Platform code historically allowed creating IRQ resources with IRQ
number 0 to indicate "no interrupt assigned", so this driver tries to
filter out such conditions. The negative IRQs (errors) will be rejected
by request_irq() but I guess we can lose -EPROBE_DEFER. We could do

if (keypad->irq <= 0) {
err = keypad->irq ?: -ENXIO : keypad->irq;
goto failed_free;
}

I have been aware of this problem for several days, and by doing experiments on the hardware, I have found the following ways that maybe suitableï

ÂÂÂ if (keypad->irq <= 0) {
ÂÂÂ ÂÂÂ err = keypad->irq ? : -ENXIO;
ÂÂÂ ÂÂÂ goto failed_free;
ÂÂÂ }
ÂÂÂ or
ÂÂÂ if (keypad->irq <= 0) {
ÂÂÂ ÂÂÂ err = keypad->irq < 0 ? keypad->irq : -ENXIO;
ÂÂÂ ÂÂÂ goto failed_free;
ÂÂÂ }

If you think it's usefull, I will send this patch to fix this problem.

Thanks

Tang Bin