Re: vc scrollback

Bernhard Kaindl (bkaindl@ping.at)
Tue, 10 Oct 1995 20:02:56 +0100 (MET)

On Mon, 9 Oct 1995, Joe Fouche wrote:
> ABSOLUTELY. Great idea. The more mature Linux gets, the more we (he? :)
> should filter out things that were really put in there to make
> development nicer, etc. It saves memory, etc.

I think having an separate scrollback buffer for each vc would be nice,
but as Axel already said, it's easyer to simpy use screen.
If this is added, IMHO, a few config options could be nice then:

1.) As Axel sayed, I think an config option for disabling vc switching and
vc scrollback.
2.) If it's feasible: vc switching without scollback
3.) The current state of art.
4.) Full vc switching and scrollback
5.) A changeable Limit how many lines are remembered.

Compilcated task doning that all, likely resulting in more questions about
this, so I don't request it all.

As I'm not a console developer, others likely may know better. :-)

Bernhard