(Fwd) Re: Why not make Linux source modular?

Ulrich Windl (Ulrich.Windl@rz.uni-regensburg.de)
Thu, 29 Feb 1996 08:41:50 +0100

Forwarded message:
From: Self <RKDVMKS1/UW>
To: dminer@nyx.net (Dan Miner)
Subject: Re: Why not make Linux source modular?
Date: Thu, 29 Feb 1996 08:41:22 +0100

Why not making sources modular locally?
Running arch/i386, I removed arch/mips, arch/sparc, ... as I'm low of
free space.
The config program symlinks the right asm directory for the include
files. Why not offer a question to remove unneeded architeture
dependent files.

With the scripts/patch-kernel you can still apply patches, but you
get errors for each file that is missing. You need to do some
interaction there.

Ulrich Windl Klinikum der Universitaet Regensburg
Rechenzentrum DV-med Franz-Josef-Strauss-Allee 11
Tel: +49 941 944-5879 D-93053 Regensburg
FAX: +49 941 944-5882
Just imaging my mail address were <Ulrich.Windl@rz.uni.r.de>...