Re: Cyrix anyone?

Hasdi R Hashim (hasdi@engin.umich.edu)
Sun, 23 Jun 1996 11:19:12 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 22 Jun 1996, Alan Cox wrote:
> > Try this: look at http://www.intel.com/ at the Pentium specs.
> > Among them you will see that certain info is _NOT_ publically
> > available about the Pentium's "special" features - you can sign
> > an NDA to get the info though.
>
> Heheh.. look on http://www.x86.org and its all there. The P6 manual is also
> complete in most respects and they've not done anything stupid

Uhm... everything except the Appendix H (must be signed under NDA), in one
of the pages...

My views on transferring NDA material

If you have information which you would like see posted here, feel
free to email me. Do not email me with confidential information which
you may be privy to. Do not send me a copy of Appendix H. To do so
would be unethical, and most likely illegal. However, if you disagree
with Intel's policy of withholding information which could be useful
to you (like that in Appendix H), or you would like to make that
determination for yourself (instead of Intel telling you that you
don't need it), email Intel and tell them what you think.

Regards

Hasdi