Re: /dev/dsp support!! where did it go?

Ian Bonnycastle (ian@greywolf.mail.net)
Wed, 25 Dec 1996 14:39:41 -0500

Tristan McCann writes:
>Hello, where is the option for /dev/dsp support in the sound config in 2.1.x k
>er
>nels??? without this I can't do sound!!!!!
>
>I have a sb16 sound driver compiled as a module, but even in make config there
>s no option for it anymore.

Sure you can compile it in. First, its done automatically. If you compile
any type of sound support (whether it be MAD, SB, etc, etc, etc) the makefile
will automatically include in /dev/dsp support. I know its weird, it conufused
me for a long time. If you want to make SURE that its in there properly, just
add CONFIG_AUDIO=y into your .config in your linux source root dir.

Ian