Re: ld links static after upgrading libc

Chris Y. (yeo@hssktn3.sk.sympatico.ca)
Mon, 13 Jan 1997 16:50:55 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 13 Jan 1997, Alessandro Suardi wrote:

> Chris Y. wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I seem to be having a problem that I can't explain. I am using Kernel
> > 2.1.17 along with GCC V2.7.2.1, libc 5.4.17, binutils 2.7.0.3.
> >
> > Now when I compile anything, libc is compiled in statically, and when I
> > pass the switch -shared the binary seg faults.
>
> Check symlinks. You should have:
>
> /lib/libc.so.5 -> /lib/libc.so.5.4.17
> /lib/libc.so -> /lib/libc.so.5
> /usr/lib/libc.so.5 -> /lib/libc.so.5
>
> I had same problem a while ago, guess either RH 3.0.3 had it wrong
> with symlinks or libc-5.4.1x.bin.tar.gz misses the /usr/lib link...
> or I simply blew something during upgrade :)

Thanks to all that helped me, it was the /usr/lib link that had been
missed... I knew it couldn't be serious, I just couldn't find it.

Chris

| Chris Yeo | URL: http://hssktn3.sk.sympatico.ca/~yeo/ |
| Computer Consultant | Email: Chris.Yeo@sk.sympatico.ca |