Re: Jive -> Kernel (International Linux)

Robert de Bath (robert@mayday.compulink.co.uk)
Mon, 13 Jan 1997 21:03:45 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 6 Jan 1997, Aaron Tiensivu wrote:

> OK, I know this isn't "seriously" related to the kernel.. but it is kernel
> related.
Ah but in a way it is serious ...

> I used to have a program for DOS called "Jive" and I'm looking for something
> that will run under Linux. Yes, I want to run the kernel messages thru Jive.
>
> My system isn't "mission critical", so I want it Jived to say, "Sheeeit, slap
> mah fro!" instead of "Kernel panic!". More than just that, all the printk's.
Rather than some pigin English what about French, German, Finnish, etc etc ?

Ok, so Jive could be added too. :-)

This would definitly have to be a compile time feature arranged so that it
doesn't cost any extra code/data space in the kernel, it may make Linux
the first truly international Unix kernel. :-)

--
Rob.                           (Robert de Bath <robert@mayday.cix.co.uk>)