Re: The VM system in Linux

Tue, 13 May 1997 07:30:15 +0100 (BST)

On Mon, 12 May 1997 rohit@cs.umd.edu wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if somebody on this list could point me to an article/
> document which discusses the design and implementation of the Linux
> Virtual Memory system. (I am looking for things like paging algorithm,
> implementation of shared-memory, kernel memory allocation vs user memory
> allocation etc..)

That would be the kernel source. The only other source of information
that I can think of would be the Kernel Hackers Guide
http://www.redhat.com:8080/HyperNews/get/khg.html

> --rohit.

Bryn

--
PGP key pass phrase forgotten,   \ Overload -- core meltdown sequence
again :( and I don't care ;)      |            initiated.