Re: Take a deep breath...

Mike Kilburn (mike@conexio.co.za)
Thu, 17 Jul 1997 07:11:47 +0200 (SAT)

"Theodore Y. Ts'o" <tytso@MIT.EDU> wrote:

> However, there's a flip side to this --- a distressing trend that I've
> been seeing --- which is that more and more programmers seem to be
> helpless without documentation. While it is a not a skill which most

Another one is they cant fix code without the latest and
greatest debugger/ICE/logic analyzer. If you cant
figure out uncommented code and fix bugs without a logic analyzer/debugger
then I dont want you on my team and you wont get hired by me.
However, these tools should be provided whenever possible to
increase productivity. Strange thing is it seems hardware guys
and scientist and self-taught people dont have a problem with this
when they turn into programmers, at least thats been my experience.
I think their is a problem with universities computer science
training for sure.