Re: 2.0.31-pre5: Couldn't get a free page.....

Samuli Kaski (samkaski@cs.Helsinki.FI)
Thu, 14 Aug 1997 23:01:04 +0300 (EET DST)

On Thu, 14 Aug 1997, Dr. Werner Fink wrote:

> A simple patch is appended to this mail. I hate it but it seems
> necessary for such a situation.

Well I just patched, recompiled and rebooted. I'm sorry to say
it happened again, just like before.

What I don't understand is that if I run bonnie again after the
first run, the message popups again. I thought when the buffers
are allocated once, it shouldn't be a problem the next time
bonnie is ran, assuming pages aren't swapped out (I didn't do
anything else but write this e-mail). I'm open to suggestions.

--
Samuli Kaski, samkaski@cs.helsinki.fi
Department of Computer Science, University of Helsinki, Finland.