Re: 2.0.31-pre5: Couldn't get a free page.....

Samuli Kaski (samkaski@cs.Helsinki.FI)
Thu, 14 Aug 1997 22:36:07 +0300 (EET DST)

On Thu, 14 Aug 1997, Dr. Werner Fink wrote:

> > Hmm, shoot me If I'm horribly wrong here.
>
> Ohh, ohh ... now it's really happen :-}

Phew, I was already counting my minutes :)

> > I just wanted to test the different ncr8xx driver versions
> > to see which performed best. Just running one 40 meg bonnie
> > on my box (p5-100/32/64) triggered the debug message.
>
> You have tried the old and the new ncr driver. Under which one
> the message appears?

This one was on 1.18i, I can also test 1.18d and 1.12d if
you want me to...

> > I thought the MM changes had made these a thing of the past?
> >
> > Hmm, I have 64 128 512 in my /proc/sys/vm/freepages, do the
> > recent MM changes require Thomases 128 256 1024 in order to
> > perform as they were designed to?
>
> This maybe will help but ....
>
> > Let me know if you want me to do further testing or if you
> > want more detailed information on my setup.
>
> A simple patch is appended to this mail. I hate it but it seems
> necessary for such a situation.

Ok, I'll patch & recompile.

> Ahhh ... you should play lottery :-)

Hehe, as long as I don't loose my dear quakeworld files :)

--
Samuli Kaski, samkaski@cs.helsinki.fi
Department of Computer Science, University of Helsinki, Finland.