Re: Never ending kernel

Christopher E. Brown (cbrown@Alaska.NET)
Sun, 14 Sep 1997 22:38:16 -0800 (AKDT)

On Mon, 15 Sep 1997, Jon Lewis wrote:

> I just wanted to let people know that something IMO remarkable happened at
> FDT today. We had a 1.2.13-lmp kernel pass 497 days uptime. The jiffie
> counter wrapped, my ssh session to the system got killed, but everything
> else seems to have survived. The main sshd process, Apache, named,
> sendmail, etc. are all still running 5 hours after the big wrap.

Well, got me beat. :) I hit 380 somthing with a 1.1.33 long ago,
unfort power outages are normal here, and a 3 hr outage is 2 hr more than
the UPS was good for. These days I tend to pull em down every 90 days or
so for upgrades, and to clear the dust.

Christopher E. Brown (CB421) <cbrown@alaska.net> +(907) 357-5680

We are Pentuim of Borg. Division is futile. You will be approximated.