RE: 2.0.32-pre5

Doug Ledford (dledford@dialnet.net)
Sun, 16 Nov 1997 04:38:27 -0600 (CST)

On 16-Nov-97 Dan Merillat wrote:
>Anyway, the only prob I have with .32-5 is my news server SCSI dislikes
>it..
>I got crashes during mount/umount and fsck with something like
>scsi0: called recursivly from interrupt!
>
>(Yes, I know that's wrong, but I'll be dammed if I can grep out the
>right printk in the source tree. I'll crash it again tomorrow
>evening, but I need the box up right now.)
>
>Useful stats: 2.0.32-p5, AHA-3940-WIDE controller, both chains in use.
>(1 wide, 1 narrow) P133 with 128 meg ram on a HX chipset board.

The stock aic7xxx driver usually is fine for regular duty, but for news
server duty I don't really think it's up to the task. If you want, I can
send you a patch from pre-5 to the Nov05 version of my aic7xxx driver tree
that very well could solve your problems (the Nov05 version of the patch on
my ftp site is against 2.0.31, and won't go cleanly into 2.0.32-pre-5).

E-Mail: Doug Ledford <dledford@dialnet.net>
Date: 16-Nov-97
Time: 04:38:28