Re: tulip.c-086I, No longer compiles in 2.1.76

Mr. James W. Laferriere Network Engineer (babydr@nwrain.net)
Mon, 29 Dec 1997 00:49:29 -0800 (PST)

Hello Keith,

On Mon, 29 Dec 1997 kwrohrer@enteract.com wrote:
> And lo, Mr. James W. Laferriere Network Engineer saith unto me:
> > Hello All, Starting with a clean tarball of 2.1.76 IE:
> [it's bwoken]
> > an excerpt from make-all.log is below. Any Help appreciated.
> > Mind you the same driver compiled fine under 2.1.74 .
> >
> > tulip.c: In function `tulip_open':
> > tulip.c:1156: `x86' undeclared (first use this function)
> > tulip.c:1156: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> > tulip.c:1156: for each function it appears in.)
>
> The driver does, however, compile with the build line given at the
> end of the file.
>
> Keith
OK, Although I'm really not interested in
using tulip as a module . I should have placed this on
the linux-tulip list (whatever its name is) as well as
the linux-kernel list, I'm not sure at what level the
trouble is occuring & am just reporting the difficulty.
Thanks for the respose.
Tnx, JimL
| James W. Laferriere - Network Engineer - babydr@nwrain.net |
| System Techniques - 25416 - 22nd S. - Kent, WA 98032 |
| Give me VMS -or- Give me Linux -but- only on AXP |
|-> Linux-Vax Port, Now in Progress !YAY! there's Progress To Report <-|
|-> Please See http://ucnet.canberra.edu.au/~mikal/vaxlinux/home.html <-|
|-> Maintainer: Michael Still mikal@blitzen.canberra.edu.au <-|