Re: BIND problem with hundreds of IP aliases under Linux 2.0.33

Dean Gaudet (dgaudet-list-linux-kernel@arctic.org)
Thu, 22 Jan 1998 20:52:18 -0800 (PST)

See the bind-8.1.1 documention for "option listen-on". You'll notice that
unless you specify a listen-on directive bind will attempt to listen on
all interfaces, port 53. It does that so that it can control the source
address on outgoing UDP replies. You probably don't serve DNS from every
single address, you probably only serve DNS from a single address. So
list that one and it'll be just fine.

Dean