Re: Is there any way...

David Schwartz (davids@webmaster.com)
Fri, 27 Feb 1998 00:17:22 -0500

Why not just have the user type in the secret? Otherwise, how do you
know the real user is even there? If I understand your application, you
don't want the decrypted password to be available to anyone but the real
user, hence the real user is going to have to prove his identity somehow.
The only way to do that is for him to enter some unique identifier.

An internal kernel secret would not be useful because the kernel has no
idea which particular warm body is talking to it.

DS