Re: Oops tracing

Ragnar Hojland Espinosa (root@lightside.ddns.org)
Mon, 9 Mar 1998 17:37:34 +0100 (MET)

On Mon, 9 Mar 1998, Erik Slagter wrote:

> How do you do fancy oops tracing like this? I have this nasty ISDN
> trouble that OOPSes and then panics linux every time and I'd like to
> have a nice traceback like this. By the way, ISDN is compiled as a
> module. Should I reverse to in-kernel-compiling for this?

You have to compile ksymoops.cc in /usr/src/linux/scripts, and feed it
with the output of the oops you got, which might get dumped in the logs.
Otherwise, if the system is frozen just note down the EIP and Trace
addresses, and feed ksymoops with them with the format

Trace: [<eip>] [<address1>] [<address2>]

After that, you can have a look at objdump(1) too. That is, provided your
filesystems are still half decent ;)

____/| Ragnar Hojland (tech.support@redestb.es) Fingerprint 94C4B
\ o.O| 2F0D27DE025BE2302C
=(_)= "Thou shalt not follow the NULL pointer for 104B78C56 B72F0822
U chaos and madness await thee at its end." hkp://keys.pgp.com