Re: [OFFTOPIC]: Linux is losing to Macs in the RC5 effort!

George Bonser (grep@oriole.sbay.org)
Wed, 11 Mar 1998 23:09:30 -0800 (PST)

Yeah but have you really looked at the stats? At the current rate of
number crunching, there is a 50/50 chance that the key will be found
sometime in the next 23 years.

It could take as long as 46 years if the key is at the end of the
keyspace. I am not sure my Cyrix can keep it up that long!